Our beautiful, masonry-free, manufactured stone siding is applied to the walls of your homes interior or exterior using screws, making it easy for any do-it-yourselfer or tradesperson to install.
See how easy Waypost is to install.
- INSTALL STARTER STRIP – Place at the bottom of where the stone is to be applied. Provides a level, solid base for the stone siding installation.
- ATTACH WEATHER RESISTIVE BARRIER (for exterior installations) – We recommend 2 layers of grade D building paper or #15 felt (check local building codes).
- INSTALL STUCCO CASING BEAD (if needed) – Stucco casing bead should be used around windows, doors and vertical transitions.
- ATTACH PLASTIC LATH (if needed) – A plastic lath is required for projects using outlet trim pieces, sill pieces under windows or for stone siding ending at a soffit.
- INSTALL ACCESSORIES (if needed) – Using construction adhesive, apply outlet trim pieces or sill pieces under windows.
- INSTALL INSIDE CORNER TRIM – Level the inside corner piece and ensure all inside corner pieces are flush with each other.
- INSTALL OUTSIDE CORNER PIECES – Starting from the outside corners, begin installing corner panels.
- INSTALL FLAT PANELS – Begin at the bottom along an edge, screwing through the holes in the clips on the stone panels into the wall, hitting as many studs as possible. Continue staggering the pieces to avoid having the vertical piece end line up with the course below.
- FINAL ROW OR SILL PIECES – If your project ends at a soffit you will need to cut pieces to height and glue onto the wall. If you are ending with sill pieces, screw these into place at the top of your stone the same way you did with the flat panels.